- I didn't want all of the email addresses to be shown all at once.
- I wanted it to be easy to facilitate a possible connection between mentor & mentee.
How did I accomplish this?
I thought a url action in Tableau was the way to go. But what was the url? That's when I turned to my trusty friend, Google. I found these instructions in Tableau's knowledge base.
My second thought was, but I had someone test it. So why is this happening??
My second thought was more productive. I didn't do anything wrong. Going into problem solving mode, me & a couple of Twitter folks figured out that there's an issue with the email functionality on Windows machines, but not on Apple (the screenshot above is from my iPhone). I built this in v10 beta, so I'm going to report it in case it's related to v10.
- Email is great functionality to add to a viz.
- Anytime you're new to using functionality, trust in yourself, especially if you've had it reviewed/tested.
- No viz will be 100% perfect 100% of the time.
- Community members are more supportive than not, so no one is going to tell you you're an idiot. So try the new thing and put it out there.