To balance my life, I'm planning to spend three-five hours per week on data viz. it's not a lot compared to what others might spend, but I think it's realistic for me (and that's important).
Review training available such as
- Ryan Sleeper's Tableau 201
- Review the Qualified Associates test materials
- Finish reading Ben Jones's Communicating Data with Tableau
- Read Andy Kirk's book, Data Visualization: A Handbook for Data Driven Design
- Weekly viz, typically focusing on a certain training aspect
- Monthly viz
Each week, I'll recap my notes in a basic blogpost which will range from good reminders I want to remember to new concepts I've learned.
While this is my personal study notebook, I hope others might also find it useful!
Now, time to hit the books!